3D-I Directional & Drilling Dynamics Instrument
Bench Tree’s next-generation, fully integrated 3D-Instrument (3D-I) directional module provides precise and dependable information to help operators maximize drilling efficiency and pay zone exposure. The durable, single chassis improves reliability and accuracy. It includes an orientation module, downhole processor, and electronic power supply to control MWD-LWD systems, such as pulser, gamma and resistivity.
The 3D-I’s directional stability and accuracy is unmatched in the industry, and incorporates Bench Tree’s proven high-temperature electronics, and superior magnetometers and accelerometers. At the heart of Bench Tree’s Short MWD System, it is also ideal for use in many legacy and proprietary systems and is compatible with standard pulsers and gamma sensors.
- Directional and horizontal MWD-LWD drilling
- Custom drilling
- SAGD drilling
- Improves reliability and accuracy
- Enhances flexibility
- Reduces downtime
- High-operating temperature: 175°C (347°F), 185°C (365°F)
- High-speed communications via CAN or qBUS (auto detected)
- Patented instantaneous dynamic synchronization
- Drilling Dynamics data: RPM, shock, vibration, temperature, continuous inclination, azimuth, stick-slip
- Mode change with flow and/or rotation status
- Built-in diagnostics
- Customization available